Saturday, May 10, 2008

My Mom...



How strange that I would pick my Mom's name...it being Mothers Day and all. Where to begin?
My Mother:
When I think about my Mom, I think about how hard it must have been to leave all of her family in England and come to America...I don't think I could have done it. But that is the choice her and my Dad made...to provide a better way of life for them and their family...What a sacrifice!
The things I Love about my Mom...
Her Strength...
Her Kindness...
Her Willingness to Help...
Her Charity...
Her Generosity...
Her Ambition...
Her Love for Family...
Her Cooking...
Her Knitting...
Her Love for my Father...
My Mother taught me how to cook, clean, iron, and how to be a good Mother. I remember when I was little I thought all my mom did was cook, clean and iron...that is probably true with 5 children...and an old wringer washing machine and no dryer...I know that is hard to believe...we also didn't have a dishwasher or a microwave...WOW, how did she do it? Happy Mothers Day Mom!
You are a GREAT MOTHER...I Love You!

1 comments:

Jill Petersen said...

Happy Mother's day Grandma! You too Julie! I love you!