Thursday, May 15, 2008

Aunt Joyce...


I just got a phone call from my Mom to let me know that my Sweet Aunt Joyce had just passed away. I am sad! I feel so bad for my Mom, my Aunt Joyce lived in England and my Mom is in San Diego...I asked her if she wanted to go to England just to be there...she said there really isn't anything she could do. I also think that it is a really long and hard trip for her to make by herself...I wish I was wealthy...I would love to take her there. I am sad about my Aunt but I think I am even more sad for my Mom...She just cried and I think she felt helpless. She kept saying she was so glad that we went to England this past Fall to visit Aunt Joyce and Aunt Betty...it was Betty we were worried about, she is the one in a Nursing Home.
So even though I didn't pick my Aunt Joyce's name out of the box, She was certainly a jewel. Aunt Joyce lived in Canterbury, England, right by the Canterbury Cathedral.
The things I love about Aunt Joyce...
Her Kindness...
Her Funny Ways...
Her Salmon Sandwiches...(Not really)
Her Gentleness...
Her Sweetness...
Her Love for the Gospel...
Her Funny Accent...
Her Love for my Mother...
Her Love for her Son and Daughter...
Her Love for her Grandchildren...
I am so glad that I got to see her one last time...I wish that we would have had more time together...Sue, Nancy and I went on a walk...and we were gone longer than we should have been...We found a Shopping Mall (We are all Shoppers) but, I wish I could get that time back and just sit and visit with my Sweet Aunt Joyce...
When we got back she had made Salmon Sandwiches, and she also had the biggest raspberries I had ever seen with Ice Cream...the ice cream had melted but it still was so good...I think because Aunt Joyce had made it...I am also so sad that none of us took a picture of My Mom and Aunt Joyce...DUH!
I am so glad that now Aunt Joyce is with my Grandma and Grandpa and what a wonderful reunion it must have been.
I Love you Aunt Joyce...till we meet again...

1 comments:

Jill Petersen said...

My condolences Julie. Death in the family is always so difficult no matter who it is. I am soo sorry Grandma Rayner has to go through it. Give her my love. I wish we were all made of money! That would solve a lot of things!

I am here in MT @ Jamie's house with my boys. I set everything up so I could leave the girls and Drew wouldn't have to take any time off of work. I really needed a visit up here. I am going to have a blast helping her redue some of the kids bedrooms.