Thursday, August 21, 2008

Faith...Hope...Prayer...Peace Of Mind...

Last night was one of those nights that I tossed and turned and just could not sleep. I had so many thoughts running through my head. So, my dear friends and family I am going to share some with you!
I am struggling with how to help one of my children! I don't seem to be able to find the right words to help. All I can do is just let him/her know how much I love them and that everything will turn out the way that Our Father in Heaven has planned. We just need to do our part, have faith, hope, pray and then hopefully have peace of mind! I can remember when my oldest son was so sick and was diagnosed with Diabetes, and how I just prayed and prayed that it would go away or that I could have it instead of him. Of course that didn't happen, and I have watched him struggle with this disease...he is so good about taking care of it, and never complains about it (to me anyway). I think about other parents like my sweet friend Vicki who has lost 2 boys already because of a horrible disease (Muscular Dystrophy) and I look at how strong she is and I admire her strength so much...she is an amazing woman and mother!

How many times we as parents have found ourselves down on our knees praying for our children? Wishing we could fix what was wrong...make it go away. If we were praying for a sick child, or a child who has lost their way, how strong and hopeful were those prayers?

I found this video...I will warn you that it is very touching and you will probably need some tissue...But I love this song and it just seemed to touch on my feelings! Whether your child is small or all grown up, with children of their own... you still want to fix everything and make it go away, and have the right words for them so that they can have peace of mind...In the meantime all I can do is be here and listen to their fears and let them know I love them and I understand!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppQ0QjmuEt8

4 comments:

caitlin said...

Ah, you're such a good mom.

Jill Petersen said...

It sounds easy to just have faith, hope and pray for peace of mind but it isn't always so. I think as long as you keep the lines of communication open and do all of that that's all a daughter/son could ask for. We can't take away sorrows, addictions, illnesses and so forth but we can have that faith that Heavenly Father will do his part. You are wonderful Julie May. Don't get too down on yourself. I love you.

fivecutekids said...

What a great post, thank you for sharing. It's good to be a mom for so many reasons, you are one of the most dedicated moms I know. When I grow up, I want to be a strong/supportive/fun mom and grandma like you. Vicki ROCKS! How lucky we are to have her and her example in our lives.

Kim said...

Julie, you are an amazing lady, mom and friend. When ever I am faced with a problem I ask myself 'what would Julie do?' Hope all turns out well for everyone involved. I too, know that Heavenly Father is mindful of every situation we just have to have faith.