Monday, June 16, 2008

Busy Fun Weekend...

Cole relaxing after a hard day fishing...

Hunter and Cole on the boat...Whats with those haircuts?...




Ty crossing the finish line...Yeah for Ty!


The Cheerleaders...




Eating pancakes and waiting for their Daddy to bicycle in...

What a weekend! Started on Friday with Lindsey, Hunter, Cole, Madi, Jacob and Owen
swimming at my house, then it was off to a Pizza Party to celebrate Austin's Birthday! Then Madi, Jacob and Owen spent the night at my house so that Ty and Carrie could get ready for Ty's race. Ty did his 1st Triathlon this weekend. It was the Battle at Midway (BAM). I got the kids up bright and early...fast stop at McDonalds for some hotcakes and we were off to the race. We got to Soldier Hollow at about 7:15 and got to see Ty come in on the bicycle course...then off to the run.
What a neat experience to watch Ty finish something he has been training so hard for. I am so so proud of him and his accomplishment! I wish I had just a little bit of his motivation. Then it was off camping with Lindsey and Craig. They just bought a new camping trailer and they were nice enough to invite me to go along...so it was back up the canyon to Strawberry Reservoir...where we had lots of fun. Craig rented a pontoon boat to do some fishing...It was a fun day! Now I need a rest from a busy weekend!

3 comments:

Madi said...

What a fun and busy weekend for you. We are all so lucky to have a fun mom and grandma like you. Thanks for taking the kids and supporting Ty. We appreciate all that you do, "you're simply the best" (oh, I was singing that when I typed it)! Lots of luvs!

Julie said...

Thank you for including me...I loved it and you know how much I love you, Ty and those little kiddo's...

Jill Petersen said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Glad you could enjoy time with your kids and your sweet grand babies!