Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Life changing Moments...


We all have them...some are good some not so good. My friend Kim got a huge huge one this weekend. She got a call from her sister-in-law in Las Vegas that she had no place to go and that she and her 3 children had been living in her car. She asked Kim to come and get the kids. Doug and Kim got in their car late Saturday night and drove to Vegas. Talk about a life changing moment, not only for Doug, Kim, Matthew, Courtney, and Liz...but for those 3 little children...Teilor, Hayden, and Dillon. I can't imagine how scary this must be for them. They really don't even know Doug and Kim... Kim got them into school and they start today. They have nothing, but with the help of Kim's sister's and friends they now have beds, and some clothes. I want to help! I am not sure where to even begin except to let Kim know that I am here. I know those are just words, but...I really will do anything I can to make your burden lighter. The thought keeps coming to me that Kim and her family will truly be blessed for this sacfrice they are making. Will it be easy? Absolutely not! Will it be worth it? Positively yes!
I hope that Kim's sister-in-law gets her life sorted out and that she can make the changes she needs to, for her sake and for the ske of her 3 beautiful children. My thoughts and prayers are with all of them during these LIFE CHANGING MOMENTS...

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I WOULD LOVE TO HELP. WHAT CAN I DO?

Julie said...

I went to Wal-Mart this morning and bought them all some clothes...I am not sure what else they need

Jill Petersen said...

I bet I can get some clothes too or anything else they might need. What sizes do they wear? I want to help too.