Thursday, April 24, 2008

Brayden Lucky Mann

My sweet little Brayden. Brayden is my grandson and he is 4 years old and boy do I love this little kid! Brayden's story...When my daughter got pregnant with Brayden it was a time in her life that she needed to make some changes...She and Andy (Brayden's Daddy and Megan's ex-husband) decided to move to Portland Oregon to be closer to Andy's family. It was one of the saddest days of my life. I can still remember Megan coming to my work the day they loaded up the truck to tell me goodbye. I knew that it was probably going to be a good move for her but it was so very hard for me to tell her goodbye. I think I thought that she would get there and decide she missed her mommy so much she would have to move back home. Anyway they settled into their new lives. On July 17th 2003 my sweet little Brayden was born. I was lucky enough to be able to be in the delivery room with Megan...she had to have a C-Section and Andy was a bit squeamish so...I got to go in with her. I always tell Brayden that I was the very first person that got to hold him! Brayden has been a joy everyday since. He is his Mommy's NEW DAY... I only wish I could see him more. I try to get up to Oregon at least every other month. In fact I am leaving today to go and see him, his sister Molly, Megan, and Jay...Can't wait to kiss them. Brayden gives the very best hugs...he holds on tight and for a long time. Have I mentioned that
I LOVE THIS KID!...
The things I love about him:
His Imagination...
His Smile...
His Twinkling Eyes...
His Mischievousness...
His Enthusiasim...
His Kindness...
His Love for his Little Sister...
His Rough and Tumble ways...
His Eagerness to learn...
Brayden has a speech development...he try's so very hard and he is making such progress. I can understand almost everything he tells me when he calls on the phone.
The other day he told me that he has a surprise for me when I get there. I can't wait to see what it is. He will be starting school this fall. Wow! where does the time go?...it seems like just yesterday his mommy was holding him the day she came home from the hospital and we were listening to Celine Dion's A NEW DAY...both of us were just sobbing and so grateful for this new little miracle in our lives...that will always be Brayden's and Megan's song.
Brayden is certainly one of my Gems...I can't imagine life without him!!
I Love you B-Mann...Get ready to pucker up Buttercup...Grandma is going to kiss and hug you for 4 whole days!!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I LOVE THAT!!!

Jamie said...

Julie, I clicked over from Jill's blog and just wanted to say hello! This post is so sweet! You are a wonderful Aunt, Mom, Grandma, & Sister--your family is so lucky! Loved your England pix--sisters are so special!

Julie said...

Hi Jamie,
This blogging thing is so fun...and what a fun way to keep in touch with so many people. Thanks for your nice comments, I really appreciate them! I am going to check out your blog if that is ok with you...