Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Night Out with The Girls...

Last night a bunch of us from work along with Lindsey, Carrie, and Brenda went to the Taste Of Home Cooking School at Thanksgiving Point. We had a good time and best of all I won a door prize! Yeah Me! I had just said to Lindsey "I never win anything" whine... whine...when they called my name! What's funny is that right after they called my name they called Julie Holman...she was sitting 2 rows in front of us.


This is the bowl that I won...

This is the bag I got...
The Recipes came from this book...
My bowl had this dish in it. We had it today for lunch. I thought it was good...mixed reviews!
Fragrant Indian Butter Chicken

2 tbls. butter
1 cup chopped onion
2 tsp. minced garlic
1 tbls grated fresh ginger
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp. turmeric
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 can (14 1/2 oz) diced tomatoes
2 tbls tomato paste
1 tbls brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 whole rotisserie chicken, skin removed and cut into large chunks
1/3 cup half and half
1/4 cup light sour cream
1 tbls minced cilantro
Hot Cooked rice

In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and onion cook until onion is tender. add ginger, chili powder, tumeric, and cinnamon. Cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Reduce heat cover and simmer 10 minutes. Add
chicken, cream, and sour cream. simmer uncovered for 5 more minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro. Serve over rice.
YUMMY!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

IT SURE WAS FUN!!! THANKS FOR THE INVITE:) YOU DESERVED TO WIN THE CONTEST!! HOW EVER IT WAS RIGGED!!!

Madi said...

I'm so glad you won! I love your new bowl. The chicken was delicious. Next year?

Caitlin Selle said...

Ah sounds like a fun girls night. I am a big fan of forgetting about the boys for the night and getting out to cause some ruckus with the girls.