Thursday, September 11, 2008

Another Restless Night...

I had one of those nights last night when you just toss and turn and can not shut you brain off! So I started thinking about the things I need to change in my life! So you my dear family and friends get to hear all about it! I got some really sad news last night (Which I may or may not share at a later time) anyway it made me think! I kept hearing this song in my head!

Lord, I Would Follow Thee...

The second verse is

Who am I to judge another When I walk imperfectly?
In the quiet heart is hidden, Sorrow that the eye can't see
Who am I to judge another? Lord I will follow thee.

I am guilty of judging others! I am going to try really hard to stop. WHO AM I? I have no right to do that, and most of the time I find out I am wrong! I have listened to someone else or I have jumped to the wrong conclusion or I judge someone because of how they look or act! I am really guilty of this!

Case in Point:

A long time ago we used to go to Lake Powell with a group of people from our ward. Every year there were about 10-12 couples and we would rent a Houseboat. One summer a couple invited another couple who wasn't in our ward. We had a meeting to discuss the food and who needed to do what and who was in charge of what...anyway this couple came. She was teeny tiny and very cute and bubbly...he was nice looking (a lawyer) and was pretty quiet. I thought they just didn't fit in with this group! I think I was also intimidated by them! They had brought 1 of their little boys with them and the guy (we will call him Mark) was not really being a part of the discussions he was just playing with his little boy. I thought he was weird! and I remember thinking "Why do they have to come?" She is too cute and tiny for heavens sake and I make about 10 of her and he is just plain weird! I can't believe they are going to come and ruin my trip! I thought to myself I will just ignore them so they don't ruin my fun! I am not sure exactly what happened, and why I was stuck on the houseboat alone with them, but we started talking and I found out that he was really funny and she was as cute on the inside as she was on the outside!
Long story short (too late you say)
I ended up loving this couple...we became really good friends. We have lost track of one another and I am going to make it my goal to find them and get back in touch...I miss them! I need to find out what is new in their lives!

So my dear sweet family bloggers and blogging friends I am going to look for the good in everyone! How can we be like Christ if we are judging?

5 comments:

fivecutekids said...

Thank you for the reminder, GUILTY! Like my wise OLD mom tells me over and over the first step to making changes is first admitting. I'm on board, thanks!
Take some Tylenol PM tonight and sleep tight!

Madi said...

I love you Julie. You are a wonderful person. Please don't be too hard on yourself. I am very guilty of this too. Like Carrie said "take some Tylenol PM." I can't believe she did'nt suggest chocolate. Enjoy some of that too. Have a great day!

Mindy said...

You are such a sweet accepting friend. I want you to know that you have been such an example to me and I will always look to you for advice. We are all guilty of judging now and then and I think you are being a tad bit too hard on yourself. Know that I am here for you if there is anything you need. I love you!!!!

Lindsey said...

MOM, I ALSO JUDGE!! I THINK WE ARE ALL GUILTY OF THAT SOMETIMES. PLEASE DON'T BE TO HARD ON YOUR SELF I KNOW THAT YOU HAD A HARD DAY YESTERDAY. BUT I REALLY DON'T THINK YOU NEED TO BLAME YOURSELF.. EVERYTHING WILL WORK OUT. I LOVE YOU!!

Jill Petersen said...

Thinking of you today! I love my Aunt Julie and I look up to you in so many ways. Try and get some sleep, realize that we are all human and judging is just part of our nature. Esecially when it takes us out of our element and we feel uncomfortable. I hope whatever is going on you can feel peace. I love you!